Re: Goncharicha vs. Solomka

Jerry Frank †, Freitag, 10.01.2014, 21:43 (vor 3752 Tagen) @ Irene König

I must admit that my assumption may not be 100% accurate (and my map may wrong because I interpreted information incorrectly when I created it) but I will try to explain why I believe I am correct.

First refer to the triangle shaped land that surrounds Solomka. On the east side and to the south is Srednie (sometimes referred to as Srednie Solomka) and at the tip in the far south, Nakoty (also seen as Nakoty Solomka).

All maps I have seen are consistent with Srednie and Nakoty. It is ONLY the inter-war period maps (I have Polish, Russian, German and American Army versions) that show Goncharicha (with a variety of spellings) as the northern most village.

Any maps from before WW I show the northern village as Solomka (for example the Austrian series from 1910). One of my prized possessions is a copy of a Russian map of this region at 1:126,000 scale and dated 1886. It shows in order Kol. Solomka, Kol. Srednie Solomka and Kol. Nakoty. Just below Kol. Solomka it adds:

Фридрихсдорфъ = Friedrichsdorf

So I am convinced that Goncharicha and Solomka are the same place. As for the name today, I think they have reverted back to Solomka. I checked my 1993 road map at 1:200,000 and the name shown for the northern most village is Solomka.

Google Maps now shows Solomka as the name of the northern most village. I remember in early years of Google Maps that they did not show Solomka but did show Goncharicha in the location where Srednie was. At some point they made a change. I tried to use the full description you provided for Goncharicha but my Google Maps did not recognize it.

Hope this helps.

Jerry

gesamter Thread:

RSS-Feed dieser Diskussion