Namenlisten EWZ records: Topcha / Kolowert / Horodyszcze

Helen Gillespie @, Samstag, 19.10.2024, 17:03 (vor 5 Tagen) @ Jose Marcos Rosin

Jose, I too have searched many EWZ52 films and should add that yes you may find many families within a village travelling together and were “processed” together because they were on the same transport- train- from their district, however most were the women, children and elderly in the 1939-41 period. Not many fathers of the household. Most men and older boys came by wagon with family possessions and so were processed later. My mother told me this (she was almost 15 when they left Kostopol by train in very earlyJanuary 1940.) As well, you may have noticed that there were many Galician Germans (Ga) processed at the same time so the “run” of families from the same area in Wolhynia (Wo) was not continuous.
Also be aware that there are missing pages in the microfilm. I have the Stammblatt number of my uncle but there’s a gap in the microfilm. And he died on the Russian front in 1943 so there should be no privacy issue.
Ludwig Brenner wrote of the EWZ process which was published in an issue of Wolhynische Hefte (Folge9??)
An index would be wonderful and there are some efforts being undertaken elsewhere (AGOFF?) and hopefully one day by SGGEE Good luck with your efforts!

gesamter Thread:

RSS-Feed dieser Diskussion