You're welcome.

Irene König ⌂, Dienstag, 14.01.2020, 12:06 (vor 80 Tagen) @ Tana Laudolff

Tana,

Tying together families is often a good idea, especially if you have no idea where they came from. In my case, I found a whole bunch of KOPETZKI families in the church register of Przasnysz, but could not connect them with my grandfather Emil KOPETZKI, who was born in about 1890 in the parish of Heimtal, Volhynia.

Years ago, I collected all KOPETZKIs from Przasnysz, hoping that one day I will be able to connect them with my family. This happened when SGGEE published the index of the church books from the Zhitomir archives. There it was: the birth record of my grandfather :-) , born and baptized in 1889, in the church book of 1900! The marriage of his parents took place in Przasnysz, I already had this - and three more generations of my direct KOPETZKI line. Other lines go back even further. So, I want to say: thank you SGGEE!

Irene

PS: Is SGGEE's mailing list almost dead? All conversation seems to take place on Facebook. I'm not on Facebook, but I check SGGEE's Facebook page from time to time.

gesamter Thread:

RSS-Feed dieser Diskussion