Wilhelm Besler and Ernestine Hiller

Rosin @, Córdoba, Córdoba, Argentina, Dienstag, 05.03.2024, 23:38 (vor 112 Tagen) @ Jose Marcos Rosin

Hello, thank you all for your responses, I would like to update the information I have.

For quick context to remember: Ernestine Hiller and Wilhelm Besler were my great-great-grandparents.

----------------------------------------------

I have gone to the main source: my GRANDMOTHER (Rosa Hilscher) who is still alive thank God, she would be the granddaughter of Wilhelm and Ernestine, my grandmother's mother: Olga Besler died when my grandmother was 20 years old.

She told me that indeed my great-grandmother's brothers were called Mathilde, Adolph and Alwine.

The order by age was:
1. Adolph
2. Mathilde
3. Alwine
4. Olga

When my great-grandmother (Olga) born, Ernestine Hiller apparently died.

------

Other facts about the brothers:

Adolph visited my great-grandmother in Paraguay.
Adolph lived in Canada and wrote letters with my great-grandmother Olga.
She may have also sent letters with Mathilde.

The reason why my grandmother only remembers those 3 brothers is because they were the natural brothers of her mother(her uncles).

The four of them loved each other very much since after Olga they were left without a mother.

The confusion with the surname Wolter may have been that Alwine married a Wolter (Johann Wolter) and called herself Alwine Wolter.

-------

Wilhelm Besler had more children later, apparently he married another woman, who were my great-grandmother's half-brothers, but no one remembers their names.

Wilhelm Besler was perhaps widowed more than once.

--------------------------------------

Information I found in the EWZ archives that I'm pretty sure are my great-grandmother's brothers:

Alwine Besler, married to Johann Wolter, born in Horodyzczce, 1899.

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CS5T-69KX-1

Both parents are listed as dead by 1940

Instead of Ernestine the mother is named Augustine, typo?

-------------------------------------

Margarethe Hoft (born in Kolowert, 1926)

Parents:
Mathilde Besler, married to Emil Hoft (1879-)

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CS5T-DSHD-Z

As Adolf was the eldest (according to my grandmother) one would expect him to have been born before 1896 (the year Matilda was presumably born).

Furthermore I can affirm that Ernestine Hiller who died most likely in 1901 (the year my great-grandmother Olga was born), 1902 or close to there, useful to refine the search.

Anyone who has taken the time to read all this, thank you, I'm happy to share things about my family, thanks to Margarit Schäfer also who helped me a little too.

I'm catching up on what you wrote on the forum, I'm honest, I haven't read it since Christmas when you closed it, sorry for not responding faster, +90% of this search was done during the holiday period between Christmas and New Year, nothing more, thank you.

gesamter Thread:

RSS-Feed dieser Diskussion