Martin family that lived in the village of Beresowka

John Penner @, Dienstag, 10.04.2018, 23:45 (vor 2200 Tagen)

Doe anyone know anything about the Martin family that lived in the village of Beresowka?

Re: MARTIN family, Beresowka

Irene König ⌂, Mittwoch, 11.04.2018, 11:15 (vor 2200 Tagen) @ John Penner

John,

Asking for information without giving any details will not lead to anything. What do you know on your specific MARTIN family? Names, dates (or at least time frames)? When did they emigrate? And which Beresowka are we talking about? There were at least seven villages named Beresowka in Volhynia.

Irene

Re: MARTIN family, Beresowka

John Penner @, Freitag, 13.04.2018, 05:22 (vor 2198 Tagen) @ Irene König

I was reading Don Miller's book, 'In the Midst of Wolves' page 182 he mentions the Martin family living near the Pripjet River. I have no first name for these Martin's but am searching for my great-grandfather with the first name of Kristof (German spelling) Martin, who left So. Russia in 1894. I would like to know which village he and his family lived in, if not this Beresowka. We do know2 that he and his family got permission through the German embassy in Zytomir.

Re: MARTIN family, Beresowka, Belarus

Irene König ⌂, Freitag, 13.04.2018, 10:46 (vor 2198 Tagen) @ John Penner

John,

The Martin family mentioned in Don Miller's book lived in a village that didn't belong to Volhynia. This village was in (today) Belarus and we do not have any information on Belarus on this website.

You will not find anything on your great-grandfather by asking about any Martin family in any village. With no facts and documents, nobody in the world will be able to find a trace of this man in Russia.

who left So. Russia in 1894

What does the abbreviation So stand for?

he and his family got permission through the German embassy in Zytomir.

Do you have a document? What do you mean with his family? Parents and siblings? Wife and children?

If you know next to nothing on your great-grandfather, you will have to search first for information on immigration, naturalization, marriage, death and the like, hoping there is a hint on his origin.

Irene

Re: MARTIN family, Beresowka, Belarus

John Penner ⌂ @, Samstag, 14.04.2018, 05:58 (vor 2197 Tagen) @ Irene König

Thank you for your help, if not only to eliminate some areas that might have lead to more information.

RSS-Feed dieser Diskussion