Re: Freier from Marinkow

verfasst von Jessie D E-Mail, 21.06.2017, 05:48

Hello, Mr. Renz. Thank you very much for your response.

Do you know where I can find out more about the village Marinkow, especially the years up to 1917 where you say there were no Germans left? I know nothing of his life there, when he and his family left, or where they went to. Apparently he was the only one of his siblings to come to North America, out of at least 8 kids.

Yes, Ludwig was the younger brother of Michael. All I know of Michael and Caroline is from their marriage record in 1971. Rozyszcze. He was 22, so born around 1849. Caroline was 17, so born around 1854. Her parents are Gottfreid and Justina (unlisted maiden name) from Petrikau.

I was trying to find out if Ewald and Hedwig Freier were related to my Emil, so that is very interesting to me. He never spoke of any family in British Columbia, where he lived for 20 years, but I saw their death records searching in the BC archives. Did he have family so close and not know? They both had Marinkow, Poland listed as birthplace. Ewald's record says that he had head surgery in Germany "many years ago", so he was there at some point in his life. I know that a couple of Ludwig's children departed from Bremen to come to Canada, so they were there too.

Any other information or pointers would be really appreciated.

Cheers, Jessie

gesamter Thread:

28406 Postings in 4271 Threads, 54 registrierte User, 16 User online (1 reg., 15 Gäste)
Wolhynien-Forum | Kontakt
RSS Feed